Texas Parent PAC
A Pro-Public School Political Action Committee
This is the time in each election cycle when candidates disseminate negative comments about opponents and the groups who support them. The bullies even attack and tell lies about Texas Parent PAC. Some of the silly and immature things they have said are Texas Parent PAC's "name is both erroneous and ironic," the PAC "is ostensibly dedicated to education," is "liberal," and "a tool for promoting wretched public policy." Ridiculous!
Help set the record straight by sharing the following information:
- Texas Parent PAC is a respected political action committee for parents, grandparents, parents-to-be, and anyone who supports high quality public education.
- It was founded in 2005 by five "PTA moms" who were frustrated with the Texas Legislature and believed we needed more state representatives and senators who would stand up for kids and public schools.
- More than 1,500 families have contributed to Texas Parent PAC, and donations of all sizes are needed.
- About 60 parents were involved in researching and interviewing candidates for the 2016 election cycle. Final decisions on endorsements are made by a seven-member Board of Directors. Endorsements will be announced February 14.
- Financial information about the PAC's contributions and expenditures is available online at the Texas Ethics Commission website by searching Filer ID No. 57682, a General Purpose Political Committee.
- About 95 percent of funds contributed to Texas Parent PAC are spent in support of campaigns. The PAC has low operating overhead, with no headquarters office and no salaried staff. Board of Directors members volunteer their time to provide day-to-day leadership, and parent volunteers help with campaigns and fundraising. As needed, the PAC contracts with professionals having specialized skills to accomplish specific tasks.
- Endorsed candidates reflect traditional mainstream American values that honor and support children and their families, quality public education, strong communities, unlimited opportunities, and maximum citizen participation in our democracy. All endorsed candidates support the Texas Parent PAC Guiding Principles.
- Texas Parent PAC does not believe public education is a partisan issue. The PAC makes contributions to Republican and Democratic candidates, men and women, who are committed to strengthening Texas public schools. We seek to elect state legislators who listen to parents and can be counted on to consistently vote in the interest of children!
The best way for parents and public school supporters to stand up to the bullying is to keep on winning legislative elections. Texas Parent PAC has a track record of success, helping to elect 51 new state legislators since 2005. Please make a contribution here or send a check to Texas Parent PAC, P.O. Box 303010, Austin, TX 78703-0051.
Get involved, contribute, and VOTE – It's the American Way!!